Monday, October 16, 2006

Saturday, October 14th

Saturday is going to be damn hard to top. Everything that screened was so bloody amazing. Jason Wade's Vasectomy was such an intense and powerful film, and Frank Beisendorfer's Introspection Part 1 was just so interesting for me. The Q&A with both of them afterward was amazing, both of them had so much to say. Frank's argument for using film over video gave me chills, and what Jason Wade had to say about Vasectomy sold me on him as an important artist.

Jason Halprin screened a personal and moving short film that I found particularly important, especially in the context of the Q&A.




The Luther Price screenings were awesome and I think just about everyone else felt the same way. I have more to say about these later, but for now let's just say Luther Price is a great filmmaker and has quickly become a favorite of mine.

The last screening of the night was Bill Storz's two-hour experimental narrative Beach Beast. Beach Beast was flat out exciting for me, I could almost not handle sitting quiet and still through such a brilliant piece. What's more, Bill was actually there helping project his film, making it that much more special.

-Nick Army

[Pic: Beach Beast by Bill Storz.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home